Sunday 29 September 2013

My New Favourite Word Wall!

How is it already Sunday? I've slept most of the weekend due to this awful cold. Hopefully I'll start to feel better soon or this will be a looong week!

What are your feelings on word walls? I think they can be a fantastic resource as long they are used. Most classrooms have to make the most of every square inch of space, so to have something up on the walls and not make use of it, I feel is absolutely wasted space.

I also think students have to take responsibility for the word wall too. They have to know that it is a resource that they are to use. Have them put the words up and whenever possible, direct them to the word wall when they need to spell a word.

I was thinking about the word walls I've created and I decided I wanted to do a little update to make sure it was as user-friendly as possible. To the headers, I added colour pictures (great for younger students who are still learning their letter sounds), red vowels and primary dotted lines to show proper word formation.




So far I've updated my black & white chevron, black & white polka, rainbow chevron and rainbow polka dot word walls. Click {HERE} or the pictures to check them out. You can also find the old versions{HERE}.

Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment