Saturday 21 September 2013

Daily Math Update & Some Classroom Happenings

Yay - it's Saturday! Before I know it, it will be Monday again. So what did the week look like? We spent the week practicing our names with a bunch of fun activities. We did a name sort - unscrambling the letters in our names and then counting how many letters we each had in our name. The students then sorted our names into groups, according to how many letters, and completed a class graph.

I know of a few fun books for talking about names:

  

   


But, I'm always looking for more books to add to my library. Do you know of any other fun name books?

We also started talking about colours. For blue day, we made adorable (if I do say so myself) Pete the Cats, with each student choosing the colour for the shoes. We also added a little bit of writing - Pete loves his             shoes.

For yellow day, we made school buses and drew the bus driver and riders. Wouldn't you know? A few Petes showed up driving the buses (yes, we are apparently still Pete-obsessed!).

Some of our favourite colour books this week:




We'll continue colours next week and I would love to hear some more suggestions for colour books. A few more I still plan on using:





On a completely unrelated note, I have been swamped since school started but I did manage to finish the next packet in my Daily Math for first grade students:



Click on the pictures or {HERE} to check it out. I also updated my Daily Math First Grade Bundle to include this pack:



Click on the pictures or {HERE} to check it out.
Well now I'm off to enjoy the rest of the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment