Thursday 10 May 2012

Books, Books, Online Books

There are so many great resources on the internet, but I always seem to have a hard time finding them. That is why it is so great when other people do it for you. Today I want to talk about http://www.wegivebooks.org/ . It is a great website that I first heard about on the blog Step into Second Grade. Since first hearing about it, I have used it a bunch of times with a SMART Board in the classroom. It's great for when the students need a quiet storytime break, but for some reason they can't all crowd around for carpet time. I especially use this when snack time gets a little too loud. The kids love seeing the huge book on the SMART Board screen, and they especially love getting to flip the pages. Here are only a few of the books on the site:
Llama Llama Red Pajama - R4TR EnglishBig Red LollipopSkippyjon Jones



Source for photos: http://www.wegivebooks.org/

This website not only has tons of great books, but it also lets you donate books to other children. The site really seems like a win, win, win to me, so go check it out and explore the many titles they have to offer you and your students.


No comments:

Post a Comment