Tuesday 10 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Picture Books - Day 11

Is it only Tuesday? I feel like I'm already behind and the week just got started! I am so exhausted that I don't have a freebie to share tonight, but if you missed them, check out my Polar Express freebie {HERE}, my Mooseltoe freebie {HERE}, my Snowmen at Christmas freebie {HERE} and my When Santa Lost His Ho! Ho! Ho! freebie {HERE}.


So for day 11 of my Christmas picture book countdown, I chose Who Will Guid My Sleigh Tonight? by Jerry Pallotta.

Via Amazon

This is a fun story about how Santa found the perfect animal to guide his sleigh. Your students should enjoy picturing the other animals that Santa tried. If this books seems familiar, you may have seen some of Pallotta's other books such as, Who Will Be My Valentine This Year? and Who Will Help Santa This Year?

The one reason why I wanted to mention this book is because it talks about reindeer and I just had to mention these adorable reindeer pictures you may have seen floating around Pinterest:

Via ARTventurous
I saw a few other teachers (even Kindergarten!) try these last week and they turned out ADORABLE! It takes a few steps (pencil, pastel, paint the background, paint the nose and scarf, paint the fur) but with patience and support, they will turn out fantastic. If you do it with younger students, make sure to do the step-by-step drawing with them - ARTventurous has great step-by-step instructions (& pictures).

These pictures will be sure to brighten up your classroom bulletin boards!

I just found out a fun Christmas Questionnaire over at Michelle's (Fabulous in First) blog. I guess I'm not too tired to join in and answer a few Christmas questions!


Here are the questions:

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog
100% hot chocolate. I think I might go make some tonight!


Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree?
Wrap unless it it something awkward (like a bike. Who on Earth could wrap a bike?).


Colored lights or white?Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card? 
When I was growing up, it was always color. Now, white, white, white!

When do you decorate? 
Way too late. As in, I still do not have a tree or bit of decorations in my house. Hopefully this weekend!

Real or Fake Tree? 
REAL. It always takes me hours to pick out as we go through every.single.tree at the tree lot. I tend to pick out ones that are too tall (roof-scrapin' tall) and wide (can't-see-the-front-door wide), though not quite as big as National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!

What Tops Your Tree? 
Umm - an embarrassing star that I homemade years ago. I think this is the year I'll have to find a new topper.

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions? 
So many little things remind me of childhood holidays - getting up way too early to peek at stockings, eating chocolate on Christmas morning, visiting extended family, listening to the same Christmas songs year after year. Some of that we still do, some I've outgrown (ahem, there is no way I'm getting up at 4 a.m. to look at stockings or presents!).

Do you remember your favourite gift as a child?
I was (and still am) a complete bookworm. When I was nine, my aunt and uncle got me FIVE books and I was on top of the moon!

Do prefer giving or receiving? 
Giving all the way. It is such a great feeling! 

What is your favorite Christmas song? 
Oh, there are so many! Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas Is You, Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis, Madonna's Santa Baby spring to mind, but I think my number 1 favourite is Carol of the Bells.

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? 
They kind of make me nostalgic, but after the first few licks, no thanks,


Favorite Christmas Movie? 
Home Alone! 

Do you shop online or at stores?
A little of both, but I try to do as much online as possible.

Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card? 
Umm, let's just say I'm not a big card person.

Head on over to Fabulous in First to join the holiday fun!

1 comment: