Tuesday 11 September 2012

Here Comes Fall

Well I did not realize that after only a week back at school I would be so exhausted. I thought I was going to need a nap this afternoon!
As the nights and mornings get darker and the day gets shorter it is definitely beginning to feel like Fall and thus a question enters my mind - when can I start talking about Halloween? I always love incorporating any holidays/special times into the classroom to keep the kids (and myself) engaged, but is September too early for Halloween? Don't answer that, I already know the answer - yes (YES), it is too early (well in my opinion). I think I'll have to wait until the second week of October (or so). In the meantime I will continue working on my Halloween unit, which I hope to have up on TPT soon (well when I'm not napping).
Following the Fall theme of this post, I just saw the cutest Fall art project on Pinterest:


It kind of follows a pointillist idea, like I talked about HERE and I think it would be a good project for getting students to focus and take their time.

Is the weekend here yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment