Saturday 25 August 2012

A Little Freebie

Well it feels like just yesterday I was counting down the days until Summer and now here I am, one of the lucky few, counting down the days until school starts once again. The weather is still quite nice here, so it doesn't quite feel like school should be starting in just over a week. I don't know how much work I would ever get done if I worked in a warmer climate!

I was working on some new units the other day and suddenly I had a new idea pop into my head. I had to stop what I was doing right then and made up this freebie to share. I love the idea of making basic skills (such as place value) fun in any way possible and for some reason, I always think adding the idea of mystery makes things a little more fun. So here are my "Place Value Mystery Number Cards." These can be used in an independent math center, or as a quick assessment. I am always for any kind of formative assessment and these can be used as just that. Give each student a card and an assessment ticket, and get a quick idea of which students need some help with the concept of place value.




Click here to go check out this freebie.
Hope everyone is having a great start to the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment